Previous Professional Experience
Vice President, Managing Director
Butterfield Bank, Promisant (Technology) Ltd. | Hamilton, Bermuda
Directly responsible for the Marketing & Sales, Product Development, Information Technology as well as Operations / Customer Service, Treasury Management, Finance, Compliance and Controlling for this financial services subsidiary of Butterfield Bank with offices in four countries.
- Introduced new indirect sales channel which increased transaction volumes by 500% and increased corresponding transaction based revenue over 1000% in 18 months from $500,000 to $6 Million.
- Implemented a new open source IT strategy to improve flexibility and decrease technology costs.
- Developed a cohesive senior management team and company with personnel working in 4 different countries.
- Led the efforts to maintain continuous bank and card association compliance and successfully passed all external IT security and service audits.
Vice President, Operations & Technology
Promisant Ltd. | Hamilton, Bermuda
Global responsibility for the strategic direction, establishment of, and ongoing performance of all Customer and Client Support, Authorizations, Risk Management, Project Management, Technology, Merchant Integration, Settlement, Reporting and all operational and technical Partner / Vendor Management.
- Led the USD$ 6 Million Corporate Project and IT effort to deliver the end-to-end multi-currency payment processing solution in less than 6-months. This included vendor selection, procurement of hardware and software, internal and external (3 companies) resources, local bank integration as well as MasterCard and Visa certification. The project began in February 2001 and ended successfully in July 2001 with the implementation and processing of multi-currency transactions.
- Successfully passed all external (5) operational and technical due-diligence visits from 3 major banks, the largest U.S. third-party processor and the world’s largest Travel & Transportation Reservations Company.
- Successfully initiated and completed a SAS70 Audit
Senior Vice President, Regional Shared Services Centre
Citibank N.A. | Dublin, Ireland
USD $20 Million operating budget with overall responsibility for the Sales, Operating Performance and profitable growth of a Shared Services Centre supporting eight Countries (UK, Ireland, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Holland, Switzerland and Italy) and four languages. Service Centre provided for Back-and Mid-office functions for both Charge and Credit Card Products to 5 separate in-country business units with over 400,000 cardholder accounts and 350,000 merchant accounts and app. €15 billion in transaction volumes.
- Led six line functions with 300-personnel: credit & collections; customer service / customer relations; corporate key account management (IBM, British Airways, Cap Gemini, etc.); service establishments and key accounts (British Airways, KLM, Sabena, Swissair, etc.); and lodged product, a cardless travel product, and key accounts (U.K. Government, Sony, etc.).
- Led the startup and business outsourcing implementation project of the Service Centre and migrated all functions from in-country offices, including the hiring and training of 300 personnel, in less than 18-months
- Improved Service Levels by 50% and 12% Cost Savings post transfer of all business units.
Operations Director, Citibank Cards
Citibank N.A. | Athens, Greece
Overall Operational responsibility for all Back-Office functions for the Greek Credit Cards business. Led the Project and Product launch of MasterCard (Europay) as Greece’s first dual issuer (MasterCard and Visa) as well as the launch of the combined (Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa) Merchant acquiring business. Led all operational and productivity improvements resulting in over US$700,000 (10%) in savings.
Manager, Account Fulfillment
Citicorp Card Operations Gmbh, Nordhorn, Germany
Responsible 85 internal staff and 100 external vendor staff for all aspects and project implementation of the Card Account fulfillment, servicing, credit underwriting and card issuance for 3 million credit card applications on a yearly basis (12,500 per day). Total annual underwriting app. US$ 10 Billion.
Citicorp Card Operations Gmbh | Frankfurt, Germany
Responsible for all Credit Cards account collection activities for 250,000 account holders and app. US$ 5 Billion in receivables. Led the business and IT project implementation of the first predictive collections telephone dialer in Germany.
Captain, United States Army, multiple leadership positions in both Germany and the United States.
Institute for Management Development (IMD), Lausanne, Switzerland
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics
English: native or bilingual proficiency
German: native or bilingual proficiency
Other / Hobbies
Active Ironman triathlete.
Previous high-Performance Swim Coach for age group swimmers.